Buffalo Chicken Pockets
“Here’s my idea of pub food made easy: biscuits flavoured with Buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese. They’re my Friday night favourite.” —Maria Regakis, Saugus, Massachusetts
Taste of Home
- 3/4 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tube large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits 16.3 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- blue cheese salad dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat; stir in wing sauce.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 6-in. circle and top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edge to seal.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. If desired, serve with blue cheese dressing.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pockets in a freezer container. To use, reheat pockets on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through.
1 pocket (calculated without blue cheese dressing): 258 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 12g protein.