- Total cholesterol: should be under 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl).
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL): should be under 100 mg/dl.
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL): should be above 50 mg/dl for women, and above 40 for men.
- Triglycerides: should be under 150 mg/dl. Fasting blood sugar should be under 100 mg/dl.
- Blood pressure: should be no higher than 120/80 mmHg.
- Body mass index (BMI): shouldn’t be higher than 25. If your BMI (your weight-to-height ratio) tops that figure, your heart risk increases 32%. Over 29 and it spikes 81%.
- Waist circumference: should be 35 inches or less for women and no more than 40 inches for men.