White Balsamic Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad
“I’m not typically a huge fan of summer corn, but when it comes to this sweet, salty, refreshing salad, I can’t put my fork down.” —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10servings||30minutes (plus soaking)||20minutes (grill)|
|10servings||30minutes (plus soaking)|
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives plus more for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat about 20 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper. Pour over corn; toss to coat. Gently fold in blueberries and feta. Garnish with additional chives as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
- If you don’t have white balsamic vinegar, you can use traditional balsamic instead, but the corn and feta will take on some of that darker colour.
- Experiment with different kinds of white balsamic vinegar in this recipe. (We used a pomegranate quince variety!)
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.