Upside-Down Orange Polenta Cake
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Cakes | Cakes Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Cakes | Cakes
Special diet :
180 ml (3/4 cup) salted butter, melted
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
6 oranges, peeled, all pith removed, in 0.5 cm / ¼” slices
250 ml (1 cup) flour
250 ml (1 cup) fine cornmeal
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
2 egg yolks
15 ml (1 tbsp) grated orange zest
250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Butter a 23 cm (9 in) springform pan and line the bottom with a circle of buttered parchment to fit.
- Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of melted butter and half the sugar into the pan. Arrange the orange slices in an overlapping pattern in the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar until pale. Add the remaining butter and the orange zest. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Spread the batter carefully over the oranges.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then unmold carefully onto a serving platter.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2575