Number of servings :
Cooking time: 5 mins + 2.5 hours for freezing
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet :
500 g raspberries
5 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserve
2 tablespoons rosewater
2 tablespoons crème de cassis (optional)
2 cups Greek-style* yogourt
4 tablespoons icing sugar, or to taste
24 raspberries, about 100 g,
to decorate (optional)
fresh mint leaves to decorate (optional)
- Place the raspberries in a medium saucepan and add the raspberry preserve. Warm over a low heat for about 5 minutes or until the raspberries are pulpy, stirring occasionally.
- Press the raspberries and juice through a nylon sieve into a bowl; discard the seeds in the sieve. Stir in the rosewater and crème de cassis, if using. Whisk in the yogourt until smoothly blended. Taste the mixture and sweeten with the icing sugar.
- Pour the mixture straight into a large freezerproof container and freeze for 1 hour or until set round the edges. Beat until the mixture is smooth, then return to the freezer. Freeze for 30 minutes, then beat again. Repeat the freezing and beating several times more until the frozen
- yogourt has a smooth consistency, then leave it to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- If storing in the freezer for longer than 1 hour, transfer the frozen yogourt to the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Decorate with raspberries and mint, if desired.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:844