Qualicum Bay Scallop Burger
Chef Kunal Ghose of Victoria’s Red Fish Blue Fish shares this delicious Qualicum Bay Scallop Burger recipe-scallops and double-smoked bacon served on a Portuguese bun with tartar sauce.
- 1-1/2 lbs Qualicum Bay scallops cleaned and trimmed
- 8 strips double-smoked bacon cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil.
- Place scallops on greased grill rack. Set on grill over medium-high heat. Grill, turning once, until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Top with warmed bacon strips and tartar sauce. For a healthier option, skip the bacon strips and replace with tomato slices.