Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet :
375 ml (1½ cups) milk
375 ml (1½ cups) 35% cream
80 ml (1/3 cup) limoncello
1 lemon, zest grated finely
5 egg yolks
125 ml (½ cup) sugar
12 thin 20-cm (8 in) crepes
Icing sugar, to taste
Seasonal berries, as required
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, 250 ml (1 cup) of the cream, the limoncello and the lemon zest over medium heat until a skin forms on the surface.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar and remaining cream.
- Slowly add the hot liquid to the egg mixture, whisking to prevent it from setting. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture has thickened slightly. Do not let it boil.
- Pour the mixture through a China cap strainer into a clean bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer the bowl to the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and whisk briskly to prevent the formation of crystals. Return to the freezer and whisk every 20 minutes until the ice cream is thick and well set.
- Place some ice cream on each crepe and roll up into a tube. Freeze for one hour.
- At serving time, slice on the diagonal, sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with berries.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2693