Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake
“Everyone searches for grand desserts that have easy ingredients and minimal effort. My lemony ginger icebox cake is the answer. It’s a holiday lifesaver.” —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 jar lemon curd (10 oz.)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages thin ginger cookies (5-1/4 oz. each)
- 2 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon zest until creamy. Beat in lemon curd until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Line bottom of an 8-in. square dish with 9 cookies; spread with about 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers 6 times. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight.
1 piece: 521 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.