Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
4 egg yolks
60 ml (4 tbsp) Sambuca liqueur
30 ml (2 tbsp) hot water
90 ml (6 tbsp) sugar
500 ml (2 cups) mixed berries
Fancy cookies or wafers, to taste
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the egg yolks, Sambuca, hot water and sugar.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a saucepan. Place the bowl in the pan so that it is above, not touching, the boiling water. (Use a double boiler if you have one.)
- Whip the mixture with an electric mixer or whisk until it has tripled in volume.
- Preheat the broiler.
- On a good, stiff baking sheet, place 4 heatproof dessert plates.
- Divide the berries among the four plates. Pour the sabayon over them. Broil for a few seconds.
- Serve with fancy cookies or wafers.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2340