Chicken Caesar Pitas
Hand-held and picnic friendly, these chicken-stuffed pockets pack a double dose of whole grains from brown rice and whole wheat pitas. The chicken can be made up to two days in advance for a fast-fix lunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4servings||20minutes + chilling||10minutes|
|4servings||20minutes + chilling|
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp dried mint
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the first five ingredients; grind until mixture becomes fine. Rub over chicken.
- On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. strips. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, romaine and rice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve in pitas.
2 filled pita halves: 398 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate (3 g sugars, 5 g fibre), 31 g protein.