Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet :
375 mL (1-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
50 mL (1/4 cup) butter, softened
15 mL (1 tbsp) granulated sugar
5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
2 mL (1/2 tsp) baking powder
1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
150 mL (2/3 cup) real Whipping Cream
500 mL (2 cups) assorted fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
30 mL (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
250 mL (1 cup) real Whipping Cream
1. Mix flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in cream until soft dough forms.
3. On a lightly-floured surface roll out dough to 1 cm (1/2 inch) thickness.
4. Meanwhile, mix berries with sugar, crushing 1/4 of them.
5. To serve, split warm shortcakes in half. Place the bottom halves on serving plates. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream and a generous spoonful of berries. Place top halves on the fruit and finish off each with a spoonful of whipped cream and remaining berries. Serve immediately.
Helpful hint: Individual sponge cakes or tea biscuits can be used in place of the shortcakes.
Imported on 2011-01-20 16:41:26 — Original ID:1329