Pretzel Puppy Chow
This variation on regular puppy chow replaces peanut butter with Nutella and chipotle for a delicious spicy-sweet combination.
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup pretzel rings
- 1/2 cup Miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, combine Chex and pretzels; set aside.
- Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir in chili powder until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a large bowl; add cereal mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 261 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein.