10 Summer Travel Tips
Don’t delay your summer vacation, just look at these simple cost cutting measures to get the most out of your next trip. Here are 10 summer travel tips.
1.Summer Travel Tips: Play it By Ear
A great summer travel tip is to be flexible. This is the best tip we can provide. The trick is to be flexible with your travel plans to get the most mileage from your dollar. Many destinations are fighting over business right now, and you never know who’s going to come out with the next great deal. Plus, being spontaneous about your travel destination can be half the fun of the vacation.
2. Summer Travel Tips: Start Your Paperwork Now!
One great summer travel tip is to start your paperwork now. First things first. Even if you don’t have a specific trip in mind, get your passport. Processing times (without extra rush fees) can take a month or more and a new travel deal can be here and gone in as quick as 24 hours. Some travel deals are too good to pass up and the key is to act fast.
3. Summer Travel Tips: Pick Your Price
Here’s another summer travel tip: know your price range. You are more likely to take that dream vacation if you set aside your funds ahead of time. Alternatively, you could also set a clear target price range for your trip. Once that goal is set, you’ll feel more comfortable in locating and purchasing your vacation quickly.
4. Summer Travel Tips: Pick the Vacation That Suits Your Personality
Would you rather lie on the beach all day or see as many sights as you can? It’s best to identify the type of vacation you and your travel companions want up front. Here are three types of vacations to consider. It’s an important summer travel tip, pick the place best suited for you.
1. Beach destinations: Resorts are bending over backwards to attract tourists to their beaches, so this year you can soak up the sun in any number of places. The Caribbean, Mexico, San Diego, and Hawaii all have outstanding savings and package deals.
2. Big city vacations: Take a bite out of the Big Apple with some amazing New York City sales, or let loose in Las Vegas. This is also true across the pond. Europe is a dream destination, and with multiple four-season cities like Paris and Madrid, you can have a great trip any time of year.
3. Outdoor Adventures: Some people think this is for adrenaline junkies alone, but thrill seeking doesn’t always require a big physical commitment or giving up luxury. Try Costa Rica and explore the beautiful cloud rain forest canopies, all while enjoying great accommodations.
5. Summer Travel Tips: Go All-Inclusive
Here’s a hot summer travel tip: Bundled pricing makes your vacation planning easy. All-inclusive resort vacations are being offered at some of the best prices in years and are perfect for a cross-generational family beach vacation. Everyone can eat, stay and play at an all-inclusive resort with one set price. Plus, most resorts offer a ‘kids camp’ so that the parents can enjoy some downtime with a fruity drink and a book by the pool-a rarity on most family vacations.
6. Summer Travel Tips: Understand Seasonal Travel Trends
Masses of people attend Carnival in Brazil in February. Travellers flock to Pamplona, Spain, for the Running of the Bulls in July. College kids flood Cancun for Spring Break. These events drive prices up. On the flip side, Paris and other European cities are quiet during August because locals are on summer holiday, so it’s cheap and you’ll have easier access to activities than at busier times of the year. Summer travel tip: keep seasonal trends in mind.
7. Summer Travel Tips: Fly Mid-Week
One summer travel tip on when to fly: You can save hundreds of dollars just by shifting your flights by one day. You’ll find the best fares generally are reserved for midweek travel. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are particularly good, especially for international flights.
8. Summer Travel Tips: Check out the Extras
Summer travel tip: Be sure to look for and compare extras when making your booking decision. You should ask when you check-in at the front desk about any available upgrades or freebies as they don’t cost hoteliers too much and increase the value of your stay and experience.
9. Summer Travel Tips: Factor in Exchange Rates
Great summer travel tip to keep in mind: The deal might look amazing at first, but think about how much you’ll be spending on food, entertainment, and shopping while you’re travelling. Now, imagine if your dollar only went half as far as it could have somewhere else. Take currency differences into consideration and you’ll really stretch your travel dollars… as much as two or threefold!
10. Summer Travel Tips: Go Online ASAP!
Our last summer travel tip? Let online travel tools do the hard work for you. During a down economy, travel providers look for channels to maximize their reach to consumers. Currently, they’re using outlets like geo-targeted deal newsletters and sites like Travel-Ticker.com
Social media also offer a way to save. From promotional discounts and contest giveaways to the latest in travel deals, it is becoming easier to have other people bring the information to you via Twitter or Facebook. By simply following travel experts like @travel_ticker on Twitter and keeping an eye on popular hashtags (e.g. #TravelTuesday), consumers can let the deals find them.