The Reader’s Digest Monthly Payout is presented in conjunction with various product offers sponsored by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (hereinafter RD) affiliated companies, and may at times be presented in conjunction with product offers from other organizations in partnership with RD.
- HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase or entry fees are necessary to enter or to win.
- Each entry is personal and each has a limited valid period. For this reason, each promotion has its own reply deadline date. These dates must be respected in order to be eligible to win this prize. One entry per person per day will be accepted. One “day” is 00:00:00 to 23:59:59. Each entry has a fair and equal chance to win.
- Participants must return their entry in accordance with instructions AND entry deadlines stated in the relevant promotional material.
- For all entries, the date of receipt will constitute entry eligibility for this prize.
- Reproduction or copy of any kind of the entries will not be accepted.
- These monthly prizes are open to Canadian residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. A person for whom a publicity contest is carried out, his employees, representatives or proxies, and the persons with whom they are domiciled may not enter the contest. Entries are not transferable except to the winner’s estate according to the law of the province or territory of residence.
- Entrants are eligible only for the prize and bonus presented in the offer received, providing all conditions set forth in the offer are met.
- PRIZES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- These Monthly prizes may be offered by RD as the following options: cash, gift card, trip, celebration party, jewelry, home improvements, home and garden appliances, membership (gym, spas, etc), education related prizes, electronics, food products, beauty products or shopping sprees. Despite the different options offered for this Monthly Payout prize, and even though a person receives many different promotions offering this same prize, in different forms, there will be only one winner of this prize each month. This prize and bonus (when offered) will be awarded to the holder of the winning entry in accordance to the conditions outlined in the specific promotional offer. When merchandise prizes are offered, RD reserves the right to substitute similar merchandise of equal or greater value (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) in the event that a particular merchandise prize is no longer available. The winner always has the option of choosing cash over the merchandise prize.
- The ENTRY OPEN DATES for each month will be the first day of the month at 00:00:00 and the ENTRY CLOSE DATES for each month will be the last day of the month at 23:59:59. The FINAL CLOSE DATE for this contest will be December 31, 2016, at 23:59:59 (EST).
- Every month one (1) prize of $1,000.00 will be awarded to qualifying winners monthly. On the 20th day of each month (or shortly after if this day is not a workday), one (1) Monthly Payout prize will be awarded for entries received during the previous month. The draws will be held on February 22, March 21, April 20, May 20, June 20, July 20, August 22, September 20, October 20, November 20, December 20, 2016 and January 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. (EDT/EST) at the Reader’s Digest office in Montreal.
- PROBABILITY OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- QUALIFYING WINNERS
The winners will be notified in writing within 10 days of the draw date and must return, by mail, their correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge and allow the use of their name, city of residence, and statements (audio, video and/or electronic) for promotional purposes. The prize will be delivered to the winners’ home. The winners will be responsible for all taxes, where applicable. If a winner fails to respond by the date specified in the notification, the prize may be given to an alternate winner or to a recognized Canadian charity organization. The winners’ information may be publicized in magazines published by Reader’s Digest Magazines (Canada) Limited, or through any other media chosen by RD.
For all entries, RD, its directors, its employees, any company involved in the administration of this contest are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, damaged, incomplete and/or illegible entries and incorrect transcription of entry information, as well as any technical malfunctions and failure of any network which may limit an individual’s participation.
- GOVERNING CONDITIONS
- This contest complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to questions concerning this contest and the winner can be obtained online at www.rd.ca or by writing to: “2016 Monthly Payout”, The Reader’s Digest Prize Award Administrator’s Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montréal, Québec H3B 5H5.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.