On-the-Spot Stain Solutions
Stains can happen suddenly at any time when you’re out getting a bite to eat. You can prevent them from setting in with these easy tips.
Here’s what you can do if you’re, say, sitting in your favourite restaurant when disaster strikes:
1. Sponge the stain with cold water immediately.
2. Pour a little soda or mineral water on it, then mop up the excess.
3. Cover a fruit or wine stain with salt to absorb some of the liquid.
4. Sprinkle a grease stain with flour or cornflour.
5. Cover a beetroot stain with a slice of wet bread.
6. Pour white wine on a red wine stain, then blot.