How to Stop Snoring (Before you Drive your Partner Nuts)
Snoring may be caused by having a blocked nose, an allergy, lying on your back, drinking too much alcohol or being overweight.
- – Use an air filter in your bedroom and keep pets out. Remove any rugs too as they can harbour dust mites.
- – Avoid alcohol and other sedatives because of their relaxing effect on the throat muscles.
- – Ease congestion by applying mentholated vapour balm to your chest.
- – To stop sleeping on your back, wear a T-shirt with a golf ball sewn into a pocket on the back.
- – Health food shops stock homeopathic tablets that may help, and don’t have any side effects.
- – If you suspect you have sleep apnoea – where the throat muscles collapse during sleep and block the airway – seek medical advice.
Originally Published: August 24, 2011