Which Best Cities in the World Are for You?
If you’ve never travelled abroad, looking for a fun destination as your next vacation can be tough and intimidating. What’s the food like? What attractions can I find? How do I get around? Don’t settle for just any city—it’s important that your getaway suits all of your needs. (Our industry insiders reveal the best time to book a winter holiday flight anywhere in the world.)
Our top suggestion: London, UK. As per a new study by WeekenGO, an online weekend getaway portal and app, England’s capital has been ranked the best city to spend the weekend. According to the study, Berlin, Germany was the most recommended destination for millennials, while Vienna, Austria took the top spot for vacationing families. Zurich, Switzerland was also voted the best destination for baby boomers.
Each city in WeekenGO’s Top 100 was graded using a number of categories, including ease of finding accommodations, cultural events, number of green spaces, and safety. Check out the best cities in the world for every type of traveller below:
- For those who love to stroll: Graz, Austria ranks as the world’s most walkable city.
- For nature lovers: Stuttgart, Germany ranks no. 1 for most green spaces.
- For fussy travellers: Rome, Italy has the most accommodation options.
- For fine diners: Tokyo, Japan ranks as the best city for dining.
- For bar hoppers: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is the best city for bars.
- For the party crowd: Shanghai, China ranks no. 1 for club options.
- For music addicts: Paris, France has the most music venues.
- For film buffs: London, UK has the highest rank for theatres and cinemas.
- For curious travellers: Vancouver, Canada ranks no. 1 for the most cultural events.
- For art lovers: Los Angeles, USA ranks the highest for most museums and galleries.
- For women going solo: Oslo, Norway has been ranked the safest place for women.
- For LGBT travellers: Madrid, Spain has been ranked the most gay-friendly city in the world.
- For those who desire a peace of mind: Zurich, Switzerland ranks as the world’s safest city.