Do You Have Diabetes?
Many Canadians have diabetes but don’t know they have it. Not sure if you’re among them? Check out the symptoms listed below and find out more.
- Extreme fatigue or lack of energy
- Blurred vision
- Frequent or recurring infections
- Cuts and bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling or numbness in hands or feet
- Trouble getting and maintaining an erection
It is important to recognize, however, that many people who have type 2 diabetes may display no symptoms.
Even if you don’t have diabetes, you may be at risk for developing it if you:
- Are overweight
- Are age 65 or older or are younger than 65 and don’t exercise regularly
- Ever gave birth to a baby weighing more than 4 kg (9 lb)
- Have a sibling or parent with diabetes