Tagliatelle with Ham and Hazelnuts
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
100 g (3/4 cup) hazelnuts, skinned and chopped finely
1 small onion, minced
2 garlic cloves
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
210 g (7 oz) cooked ham, diced
120 g (4 oz) prosciutto, cut in thin strips
180 ml (3/4 cup) dry white wine
450 g (1 lb) tagliatelle
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) coarsely ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp) walnut oil
60 g (1/2 cup) Friulano cheese, in small cubes
- Place the chopped hazelnuts in a small, non-stick frying pan, and toast over low heat for 2 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, soften the onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the ham and prosciutto. Sauté over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce by half.
- In a pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the ham.
- Add the hazelnuts, thyme and black pepper. Mix well while adding the walnut oil.
- Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with Friulano and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2327