“Our family loves fresh strawberries so I look for different ways to use them. This tempting, yummy dessert has sweet strawberries, tart lime, pretzels and cream cheese.” —Alexandra Barnett, Forest, Virginia
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels (about 6 oz.)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package strawberry gelatin (6 oz.)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crushed pretzels and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; stir in melted butter. Spread out in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. To toast, bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Gently stir in strawberries. Cool slightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lime zest, lime juice, vanilla and remaining sugar until blended. Stir in cooled pretzel mixture. Spread into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm.
1 bar: 201 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.