Easy Shrimp Appetizers
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 30 minutes Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Hors d’oeuvres | Hors d’oeuvres
Special diet :
4 tsp (20 mL) butter, divided
2 tbsp (30 mL) dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
Salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce, to taste
1/2 cup (125 mL) EACH green and red peppers, cut into short strips
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped onion
- In 9-inch (23 cm) square or 11 x 7-inch (27 x 18 cm) baking pan, melt 3 tsp (15 mL) butter in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over melted butter. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Beat together eggs, milk, basil, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce, just until blended.
- Melt 1 tsp (5 mL) butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green and red peppers and onion. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wide spatula. When eggs are almost set but still very moist (about the consistency of soft oatmeal), remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese.
- Immediately pour into baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Cool before cutting into squares or bars. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 2 dozen appetizers.
Imported on 2011-01-20 16:41:26 — Original ID:729