Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars
“Make them on Saturday and they’ll be gone by Monday! These chocolate and caramel bars with a cracker crust are just that good.” —Ally Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|27bars||15minutes||10minutes + chilling|
|10minutes + chilling|
- 1 tsp plus 3/4 cup butter cubed
- 45 Club crackers 2-1/2x1 inch
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Arrange a single layer of crackers in the pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; cook and stir 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly spread a third of the mixture over the crackers. Repeat cracker and caramel layers twice.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel; let stand 3-5 minutes or until glossy. Spread over top. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Using foil, lift layers out of pan; cut into 3x1-in. bars.
1 bar: 176 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.