Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
250 ml (1 cup) milk
180 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme
15 ml (1 tbsp) unsalted butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
20 fresh cherries, pitted
50 ml (1/4 cup) Muscat wine
Thyme leaves, as required
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, milk, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the thyme, but do not boil.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining sugar.
- Pour the hot mixture over the eggs, whisking constantly. Transfer to a clean saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Strain immediately into a clean bowl.
- Transfer to a large bowl and freeze for one hour. With a whisk, scrape the edges of the bowl and whip the mixture. Freeze again and repeat every 20 minutes until the texture is thick and creamy. Freeze at least six hours before serving.
- In a saucepan over high heat, melt the butter, add the sugar and stir to combine. Add the cherries and sauté for two minutes. Deglaze with the wine and reduce for about two minutes until syrupy.
- Serve the ice cream with the hot cherry sauce, garnished with thyme leaves.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2713