Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) red onion, chopped
60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
1 fennel bulb, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) Sambuca
375 ml (1 1/2 cups / 360 g) Arborio rice, not rinsed
125 ml (1/2 cup) commercial orange juice
1.5 L (6 cups) vegetable stock, at a simmer
5 ml (1 tsp) orange zest, grated finely
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
15 ml (1 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, caramelize the onion in the butter.
- Add the fennel and Sambuca and cook 1 minute until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat each grain.
- Add the orange juice and stir until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add half the stock, reduce the heat and cook until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the orange zest and season to taste.
- Add the rest of the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly, until the rice is creamy but still al dente.
- Serve in heated soup plates, sprinkled with parsley.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2406