Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
500 g lean beef mince
25 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup (35 g) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
4 hamburger buns
1 bunch rocket
250 g tomatoes, finely diced
1 red capsicum, seeded and finely diced
½ mild green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
salt and pepper
- Place the beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and coriander in a large bowl and use your hands to mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture equally into four and shape into burgers, about 10 cm across and a similar size to the buns.
- To make the tomato salsa, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. You can chop all the salsa ingredients together in the food processor to save time — just use the pulse button to get the right consistency.
- Lightly oil a barbecue hotplate or grill rack and preheat the barbecue to medium–high heat. Cook the burgers on the hotplate or grill rack over direct heat for 5–7 minutes on each side, or until well browned and cooked through.
- Split the buns in half and place on the barbecue to toast lightly. Place a few rocket leaves on each base, add a burger and a spoonful of salsa, then replace the tops.