- HOW TO ENTER
- Follow the instructions on how to register found on the entry card received from Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (hereinafter called “RD”). This prize draw closes on November 30. 2016 at 23:59:59 (EST). Date received determines date and time of entry.
- Only one (1) entry per person for the duration of this prize draw period.
- No purchase is necessary to enter and to win.
- This prize draw is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of participation, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (RD), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This prize draw is void outside of Canada.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Follow instructions found in the promotional material to enter.
- All entry requirements specified in these official rules must be respected in order to be entered in this prize draw, for a chance to win the prize(s) offered.
- PRIZES AND AWARDING
On December 12, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. (EST), at the Reader’s Digest office in Montreal, a random electronic draw will be performed to draw one (1) qualifying winner.
The winner will receive his/her choice of $1,500.00 in cash or all of the following Apple products below:
– One (1) iPad Pro 32 GB, 9.7 inch valued at $600.00
– One (1) iPad Mini 4 16 GB valued at $400.00
– One (1) iPod Touch 32 GB + a $50.00 iTunes card, valued at $300.00
– One (1) Apple TV 64 GB valued at $200.00
Total value of prizes = $1,500.00
Total value of prize to be awarded: $1,500.00
This prize is non-transferable. RD reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. This prize is guaranteed to be awarded. By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and the decisions of RD are final on all matters regarding this prize draw. The qualifying winner will be notified by mail, shortly after this prize draw close date. The winner must sign a claim form and will as well be required to answer correctly a skill-testing question in order to claim the prize. The winner will receive his/her prize at home, approximately 30 days from the date the claim form is received at RD. If the prize is unclaimed, RD reserves the right to award it to the next eligible winner or to a Canadian recognized charitable organization.
- RD is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the sole property of RD and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, RD, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, reserves the right to cancel this Prize Draw and shall be under no obligation to award the prize. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
- By entering this prize draw, participants accept that RD use their entries (if applicable) in its promotions, magazines and websites. Participation in the prize draw and acceptance of prize constitute the winner’s permission for RD to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information, and film and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the prize draw without notice or additional compensation. By participating, entrants and the winner agree to release and hold harmless RD, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in prize darw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this prize draw in any way shall be disqualified.
- Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited. RD is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the prize draw, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this prize draw. RD, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this prize draw should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw. In such case, RD will select the winner from all eligible entries received. RD reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the prize draw or web site. RD may prohibit an entrant from participating in the prize darw or winning a prize if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or RD employees.
- Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This prize draw complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Quebec residents may submit any litigation respecting the conduct or organizing of a publicity contest to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to your questions concerning this prize draw can be addressed in writing to: ‘Jackpot Prize Draw – August 2016’ at The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC, c/o Prize Award Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montréal, Québec H3B 5H5. Winners list for this prize draw will be posted online at www.rd.ca This prize draw is owned, operated and administered by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC.