- HOW TO ENTER
- This contest is separate and completely independent from any other contests or sweepstakes held by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (hereinafter RD).
- The contest will close on November 20, 2019, 23:59:59 (EST).
- One (1) entry per opportunity given per person will be accepted for an opportunity to win one of the fifty (50) Holiday Baskets offered.
- Contestants must return their entry on time along with their Gift Subscription Order, by returning the reply envelope provided. Contestants will be asked to prove their skill by correctly answering the mathematical question on the entry form. As well, in order to break a possible tie, the contestant will need to answer a question in 25 words (or less).
- This contest is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside, AND who have agreed to purchase a Magazine Gift Subscription AND who have completed and returned their Contest Entry Form holding a mathematical question and essay question. In order to be eligible to be entered into this contest, participants must respect all conditions set forth in the relevant promotional material. The following are excluded from entering: employees of RD, their immediate family, or persons working for any company involved in any phase of contest administration and persons with whom they are domiciled.
- This contest is void outside of Canada.
- PRIZES AND AWARDING
On November 29, 2019, at 3:00 p.m. EST, at the office of Reader’s Digest in Montreal, fifty (50) winners will be awarded a Holiday Basket.
Each basket will include chocolates and cookies as well as the book entitled: “The Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook “– for a total value of $70.00 each basket.
Total award during this contest: $3,500.00.
These prizes are guaranteed to be awarded and must be accepted as awarded. The decisions of RD and the independent judge are final on all matters regarding this contest. The qualifying winners will be notified by mail, shortly after the contest close date. The winners must sign a declaration and claim form. Approximately 30 days after the date the claim form is received by RD, the winners will receive their prize at their home. RD reserves the right to give away unclaimed prizes to a recognized Canadian charitable organization.
Each entry will be judged by an independent judge whose decision will be final. The winners will be determined on the basis of the accuracy of the contestants’ answers to the mathematical question and in case of a tie, on the literary merit, originality and creativity of the essay portion.
RD, its officers, employees and agents or representatives, their immediate family and persons with whom they are domiciled, are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, unreadable or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to appear as proof of receipt. All entries become the sole property of RD and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, RD reserves the right to cancel the contest (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. All entrants must provide a valid mailing address.
Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this contest in any way shall be disqualified.
RD, its officers, employees and agents or representatives, their immediate family and persons with whom they are domiciled, will not assume any responsibility or liability for damages (including legal fees), losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of these prizes.
- GOVERNING CONDITIONS
- This contest complies with all federal and provincial Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid and any litigation respecting the conduct of, or organization of, a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to your questions concerning this contest and to obtain the winners’ list (also available online at rd.ca) you can write to: ‘Holiday Basket Contest’, c/o Reader’s Digest, Administrator, Sweepstakes and Contests, 300-5101 Buchan Street, Montreal QC H4P 1S4.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.