The Reader’s Digest 76th National Sweepstakes offers a series of prizes and is presented in conjunction with various product offers occasionally sponsored by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (hereinafter RD) and its affiliated companies. It may at times be presented in conjunction with product offers from other organizations in partnership with RD.
- HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEES ARE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
- Computer-generated entry number(s) will be randomly assigned to each participant. Each number assigned is personal to the participant and each has a limited period of validity. For this reason, each promotion has its own reply deadline date. These dates must be respected in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. During the complete Sweepstakes period, an individual may enter as many times as given the opportunity and each entry has Sweepstakes numbers for the different prizes offered. Each entry has a fair and equal chance to win.
- Participants must return the complete entry in accordance with instructions AND entry deadlines stated in the relevant promotional materials.
- For all entries, the date of receipt by RD will constitute entry eligibility to the Sweepstakes.
- Reproduction of entries will not be accepted.
- This Sweepstakes is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. A person employed by RD or its sponsors, representatives and the persons with whom they are domiciled may not enter the Sweepstakes. Entries are not transferable except to the winner’s estate according to the law of the province or territory of their residence.
- Entrants are eligible only for the prizes and bonuses presented in the offer received, providing reply conditions set forth in the offer are met.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
On winner selection day, a representative appointed by RD will draw the winning entry or entries for each prize. This process is conducted in full confidentiality. Exceptionally the process is slightly different for the Express Cash prize – refer to section 5.
- PRIZES AND IMPORTANT DATES
The 76th National Sweepstakes provides a series of prizes which may be offered in different combinations in the various promotions. Visual presentation, treatment, and payment options of prizes may vary in the promotional material sent by RD. The prizes listed below may be offered by RD as the following options: cash (as a lump sum or as a weekly, monthly or annual annuity), cars, gas allowances, trips, celebration parties, jewelry, travel packages, home improvements, electronics or shopping sprees. Despite the different options offered for each prize, and even though a person receives many different promotions offering the same prize in different forms, there will be only one winner for each of the prizes. Each prize and bonus (when offered) will be awarded in accordance with the promotional material containing the winning number. When merchandise prizes are offered, RD reserves the right to substitute similar merchandise of equal or greater value in the event that a particular merchandise prize is no longer available. The winners always have the option of choosing cash over the merchandise prize.
The final close date for all prizes listed below is August 18, 2017 at 23:59:59 (EDT) and draws for each of these prizes will take place at RD’s head office in Montreal, on September 7, 2017 at 11:00:00 (EDT).
One (1) Grand Prize of $50,000 will be awarded and may be supplemented with an additional bonus ranging from $1 to $50,000. When the prize offered is greater than $50,000, it will be referred to as the Super Grand Prize.
One (1) Winner’s bonus ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 will be awarded. It will be offered as a bonus and be awarded only to the winner of the Grand Prize.
One (1) Prestige prize of $10,000 will be awarded and may be supplemented with an additional bonus ranging from $1 to $10,000. When the prize offered is greater than $10,000, it will be referred to as the Prestige Plus Prize.
One (1) Express Cash prize of $10,000 (pre-draw) will be awarded.
The RD representative will pre-draw one number from the Express Cash entry pool before the promotions for this prize are sent out and will keep the drawn number confidential and securely stored. On the draw day, the representative will verify from the numbers returned as to whether there is a match with the pre-drawn number. If the matching number was not returned, then a random draw will take place from among all the eligible Express Cash entry numbers. This Express Cash may, from time to time, be offered as a shared prize whereby the same number would be given out to either 2, 3, or 4 people. Should this occur, the $10,000.00 prize will be shared with the people holding the same number.
Fifty (50) Multi-Prizes will be awarded; each winner will receive $50.00 in cash.
- PROBABILITY OF WINNING
Based on past Sweepstakes, and as determined by statistical data, an individual’s average probability of winning the Grand Prize or the Prestige Prize, or the Express Cash Prize is : 1 in 612,313; for any of the Multi Prizes: 1 in 12,246.
Probability for the Grand Prize winner to win the Winner’s Bonus is 2 out of 3
Probability for the Prestige Prize winner to win its related Bonus is 1 out of 2
- QUALIFYING WINNER(S) NOTIFICATION
All winners will be notified in writing within 10 days of the draw date and must return, by mail, their correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge. They must allow the use of their name, city of residence, and statements (audio or video) for promotional purposes. All prizes will be delivered to the winners’ home. The winners will be responsible for all taxes, where applicable. If a winner fails to respond by the date specified in the notification, the prize may be given to an alternate winner or to a recognized Canadian charity organization. Winners’ information may be publicized in magazines published by Reader’s Digest Magazines (Canada) Limited, or through any other media chosen by RD.
For all entries, RD, its directors, its employees, any company involved in the administration of this Sweepstakes, and the appointed representative are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, damaged, incomplete and/or illegible entries and incorrect transcription of entry information, as well as any technical malfunctions and failure of any network which may limit an individual’s participation.
- GOVERNING CONDITIONS
- The Reader’s Digest National Sweepstakes complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to questions concerning the Sweepstakes can be obtained online at www.rd.ca or by writing to: The Reader’s Digest Prize Award Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montreal, Québec H3B 5H5. To request a printed list of winners, please write to the address above and enclose a self-addressed, business size envelope.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.