Ah, family camping trips: the chance to commune with nature, bond with your loved ones and create lasting memories. What could go wrong? Lots, actually. Lack of planning and preparation could turn your dream vacation into a real nightmare. We spoke to Ed Jager, director of visitor experience for Parks Canada, to help identify 10 annoying camping mistakes – and how to avoid them.
More From Reader’s Digest
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Go Camping This Summer When's the last time you slept under the stars and cooked dinner over an open fire? Here are seven reasons why you should go camping this summer. You never know—you may just fall back in […] Posted in Travel Tips
- 5 Tips for Booking an All-Inclusive Vacation Canadians get great deals on package vacations to Mexico and Caribbean, mainly because there are lots of us who long to escape the frigid winter conditions, and we’re price-sensitive by […] Posted in Travel Tips
- 10 Ways to Simplify Family Travel Family vacations: we love 'em, we need 'em, we crave 'em... but at the same time, they fill us with dread. From never-ending flights (and security lineups) to mid-trip illness or activity […] Posted in Travel Tips
- 5 Tips for a Safe and Happy Family Car Trip Taking the family for an extended car ride? Here's some practical advice to make your road trip smooth (and safe) sailing! Posted in Road Trips
- 10 Easy Ways To Ruin Your Vacation (and How To Avoid Them) Don't let bad attitude or poor planning get in the way of your perfect getaway. Prevent potential problems by avoiding these 10 key mistakes. Posted in Travel Tips
- 7 Secrets to Cheap Off-Season Vacations Thinking of taking a trip but want to wait until the summer is over? Save a bundle with these experts' off-season travel tips. Posted in Travel Tips