1. Goals have to be attainable. If they’re not, why set them?
2. The best decisions are made with a combination of intellect and instinct. Good strategists collect information based on these two things until they feel they can make a good decision.
3. When you’re spending time with your family, consider putting your phone on airplane mode. You can still snap pictures or check the time, but you won’t be distracted by texts, email and social media notifications.
4. Try telling your kids it makes you happy to see a stellar report card but even happier to know when they have done something kind.
5. When travelling in China, tipping in restaurants is considered rude (unless you’re in a Western establishment).
6. When you’re on a date, don’t talk about your ex, whether it’s in a complimentary or disparaging way.
7. Coast to a stop when driving. Take your foot off the gas when you approach a yellow or red light. You’ll use less gas and reduce wear and tear on your brakes and tires.