Mount a brush or roller cover on the spindle and soak in water or appropriate cleaning solvent. Inside a large garbage can or in an area protected by drop cloths, pump the handle to spin the brush or cover dry. Cuts your cleaning time in half.
More From Reader’s Digest
- Painter’s Five-in-One Tool Blade functions as a paint scraper, putty remover and spreader, gouger, and paint-roller cleaner. Posted in Home Improvement
- Pipe Connections I would like to install a toilet in my basement. Unfortunately, there is no exposed plumbing in the basement. What should I do to connect the toilet pipes to the house piping system? Posted in Home Improvement
- Fireplaces-2 We have a floor-to-ceiling fireplace made of rock. Over the years, the rock has been discolored from escaping smoke. I want to know if it can be cleaned, and if there is any danger involved? Posted in Home Improvement
- Staining Spindles I plan to stain the spindles that form the wall on my backyard deck. Should I use a paintbrush to apply the stain, or is there a better method? Posted in Home Improvement
- Paintbrushes How can I increase the life of a paintbrush? Posted in Home Improvement
- Water Filters My tap water tastes terrible. Will a commercial water filter do me any good? Posted in Home Improvement