1. Getting More Life Out Of An Old Shower
Think your shower curtain is fit for the garbage? Don’t throw away your liner just because of mildew and dirt buildup. Extend its life by cleaning it in your washing machine. Here’s what to do:
- Set the machine on the gentle cycle with warm water and 1 cup of regular laundry detergent or 1⁄2 cup of vinegar.
- Afterward, whirl it in your dryer, set on low heat or fluff, for about 20 minutes.
- Make sure to hang it back up immediately to avoid any wrinkles.
If your shower has doors instead of a curtain, don’t worry we’ve got tips for you, too. Stubborn buildup on glass shower doors may be unsightly, but it’s no competition for a few common household ingredients such as white vinegar, baking soda, and salt. Try this:
- Spray vinegar on the door and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Create a paste with equal amounts of baking soda and salt.
- Use a damp sponge to rub this paste over the door, then rinse well.
This process is sure to leave your shower doors sparkling clean – just the way mom likes them.