Unlike a passing cold or occasional headache, chronic illness requires consistent and continuous medicine. Interrupting these drugs could create serious health concerns. Here are seven reasons why it’s important to stick with what the doctor orders.
More From Reader’s Digest
- 4 Ways To Make Sure You Get The Right Prescription Getting the wrong prescription can be a potentially harmful situation. Find out what you can do to make sure your doctor and your pharmacist give you the right meds. Posted in Healthy Living
- Stay Safe With Prescription Medicines When it comes to any medicine, whether prescribed or purchased over the counter, knowing the right questions to ask can help you stay safe. Posted in Healthy Living
- Generic Drugs vs. Brand Name Drugs in Canada Generic drugs are considered “just as good” as their more expensive brand-name counterparts—but, as one writer experienced, in certain circumstances their effects can be dangerously different. Posted in Features
- 4 Facts About Drug Addiction Do you think you may know someone battling drug addiction? Learn more about the warning signs of addiction and find out what you can do to help. Posted in Healthy Living
- 8 Ways to Relieve a Migraine Seeking quick relief from the crushing pain of a migraine? Try these eight strategies to alleviate migraine symptoms. Posted in Conditions
- What You Should Know About Alternative Medicine Considering alternative medicine like acupuncture, aromatherapy or massage to treat a health condition? Here’s what you need to know before you consult a practitioner of alternative medicine. Posted in Healthy Living