• Lay belly down on the floor, with your feet roughly 15-20 centimeters apart. Place your palms flat on the ground and slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Keeping your body straight and long, come up onto your toes and lift your body off the floor with your arms until they are fully extended.
• Slowly bend your arms at the elbows and lower your chest towards the floor. Stop roughly 10-15 centimeters before touching the ground with your belly. Try to keep your back and legs straight and in a single plane.
• Push back up into the original position. That’s one push-up.
• If this is too hard, do the exercise with your knees on the floor. Or even simpler, do the exercise standing, using a wall. Start with your feet roughly 50 centimeters from the wall.
• Aim for doing three sets of 8 reps.