- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- 2 pears peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries thawed and drained
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tbsp turbinado sugar for dusting
Whipped cream for serving is optional.
If you don’t have whole-wheat pastry flour, use whole-wheat flour instead. Or, you can simply omit whole-wheat flour and use 2 cups all-purpose flour.
You can substitute any type of sugar for dusting.
Take advantage that galettes can be made ahead of time and will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Or, you can make the dough ahead of time and freeze it until ready to use!