Advanced search >>
- Serves: 6
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water. Meanwhile, combine cilantro, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne in food processor.
- Purée. Transfer to large bowl. Whisk in reserved pasta cooking water. Add linguine, carrots, bell pepper, celery, and scallions. Toss. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with grilled turkey burgers.
- 8 oz (250 g) whole-wheat linguine
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne
- 2 carrots, slivered
- 1 red bell pepper, slivered
Health Hint: Add vegetables to a pasta or noodle dish whenever possible. It’s an easy way to help you get your five daily servings of vegetables that furnish disease- fighting phytonutrients and an array of heart-healthy benefits.
In addition, vegetables add flavour to the recipe, without raising the calorie count all that much.