Advanced search >>
- Serves: 6
- From: Recipe and image courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission
1. In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 cups (1L) of water to a boil.
2. Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans.
3. Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water.
4. Drain fava beans; pinch one end and slip off skins. Discard skins.
5. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
6. In a large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper.
7. Add arugula and enough dressing to coat salad lightly.
8. Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates.
9. With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad.
10. Grind more pepper on top.
- 2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 2lbs in pods)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 3 cups arugula
- Pecorino cheese
- Kosher or sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper