Advanced search >>
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F). In a metal baking pan, toss together the carrots, garlic, and 10 mL (2 tsp) of the olive oil. Bake, tossing the carrots occasionally, for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Transfer the carrots to a food processor and purée along with the broth, 125 mL (1/2 cup) of water, the tomato paste, salt, and cayenne.
- Set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 15 mL (3 tsp) oil over moderately high heat. Dredge the pork in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Sauté for 2 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet, add the carrot purée, and bring to a boil. Spoon onto 4 plates, top with the pork, and sprinkle with the basil.
- 454 g (1 lb) carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 25 mL (5 tsp) olive oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chicken broth
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 0.5 mL (1/8 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 454 g (1 lb) well-trimmed pork tenderloin, cut into 8 slices
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) flour
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) slivered fresh basil