Advanced search >>
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- From: Cucina Etc. RD.ca web exclusive
- Rinse capers and anchovy fillets. Drain and blot with paper towels.
- Pit olives and chop finely. Chop anchovies finely.
- Dice fresh and canned tomatoes.
- Place oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add whole garlic cloves, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies and chili flakes. Cook over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Pour one cup of sauce into a hot serving platter.
- Add the drained pasta. Coat well with sauce.
- Serve in 4 heated deep plates or pasta bowls. Garnish each serving with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 8 black olives
- 3 or 4 fresh Italian plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 796 ml (28 oz) canned tomatoes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 ml (1 tsp) chili pepper flakes
- 450 g (1 lb) ribbed penne
- Flat parsley, chopped to taste