Advanced search >>
- Serves: 4
Preheat the oven to 190C (375F). In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions until firm-tender. Drain the pasta well and then transfer to a 32.5 x 22.5 x 5-cm (13 x 9 x 2-inch) baking dish.
In a medium saucepan, whisk the milk into the flour. Stir in 2 mL (1/2 tsp) of the salt and the cayenne. Bring to a boil over moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until lightly thickened. Add the broccoli and Cheddar, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.
Pour the broccoli-cheese mixture over the pasta in the baking dish. Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with the rosemary and the remaining 1 mL (1/2 tsp) salt. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 228 g (8 oz) medium pasta shells
- 875 mL (3-1/2 cups) low-fat (1%) milk
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) flour
- 3 mL (3/4 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (284 g/10 oz each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 250 mL (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese (114 g/4 oz)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 142 g/5 oz each)
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried rosemary, crumbled