Advanced search >>
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse with hot water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sugar together. Stir in drained noodles and turkey. Purée together cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (or light cream cheese) and nutmeg until smooth. In a 2 quart (2.5 L) glass baking dish, spoon noodle mixture into the bottom. Spread cottage cheese mixture on top of noodle mixture; top with remaining noodle mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes or until bubbling and hot.
Makes 8 servings.
- 6 oz (180 g) broad Italian-style egg noodles
- 2 cups (500 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 can (5-1/2 oz/ 156 mL) tomato paste
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 pkg (4 oz/125 mL) ricotta cheese or light cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated mozzarella cheese, part skim