- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 minutes
- Cucina Etc. RD.ca web exclusive
Bow Ties with Broccoli Florets and Goat Cheese
Garnish this pasta plate with cherry tomatoes quarters and chopped parsley.
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
2 French shallots, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
250 ml (1 cup) 15% cream
185 ml (3/4 cup) goat cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
350 g (3/4 lb) bow tie pasta
500 ml (2 cups) broccoli florets
4 fresh Italian cherry tomates quartered
Chopped flat parsley (as garnish) to taste
- In a saucepan, melt butter in the oil. Gently heat the French shallots, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add stock, reduce for 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and two cheeses. Beat until thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Five minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the broccoli florets to the water.
- Drain pasta and broccoli together. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- To serve, pour some sauce into heated individual plates, add a serving of pasta and broccoli.Garnish with cherry tomato quarters and chopped parsley.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Sign up to our Food newsletter for lots of more great recipes every week.