- 24 muffins
- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 15 to 18 minutes
- Bonnie Stern and Fran Berkoff
Mini Blueberry Muffins With Flaxseed
Having a mid-morning craving? A blueberry muffin with flaxseed offers you a great source fibre, an omega-3 fatty acid and just a little sweet to pick you up.
- In a large bowl, combine flour(s), flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine oil, egg, buttermilk and brown sugar. Stir into dry ingredients. Add blueberries and walnuts. Stir until just blended. Scoop batter into 24 mini nonstick muffin cups that have been lightly greased or lined with paper liners. A small ice-cream scoop works well for putting batter into the pans.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar over muffins, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 400˚F (200˚C) oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove muffins from pans and cool on racks.
Photo by Benoît Levac; Assistant Josée Lecompte; Food Stylist: Marie-Éve Charron; Prop Stylist: Irène Garavelli.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Sign up to our Food newsletter for lots of more great recipes every week.