HOW TO ENTER
- Visit Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC website at www.rd.ca (hereinafter RD) and follow the instructions on how to register. The Driver’s Seat Sweepstakes closes on February 15, 2017 at 23:59:59 (EST). Website tracking determines date and time of entry.
- Only one (1) entry per person for the duration of this sweepstakes will be accepted.
- One (1) bonus entry will be given to those who register to the Driver’s Seat Newsletter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter and to win.
- This sweepstakes is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of participation, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (RD), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This sweepstakes is void outside of Canada.
- Log on to www.rd.ca and follow directions provided to register.
- All entry requirements specified on our website must be followed in order to be entered for a chance to one of the prize(s) offered.
- There cannot be more than one winner per household.
PRIZES AND AWARDING
On February 22, 2017, at 3:00 p.m. (EST) at the Reader’s Digest office in Montreal, a random electronic draw will be performed to draw five (5) qualifying winners.
Each winner will receive a $1,000.00 cheque.
Total value of prizes to be awarded= $5,000.00
The prizes are non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded. The prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. By entering the Driver’s Seat Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by the sweepstakes rules, and the decisions of RD are final on all matters regarding this prize draw. The qualifying winners will be notified by mail, shortly after the prize draw close date. The winners must sign a claim form and will be asked to correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to claim their prize. The winners will receive their prize approximately 30 days from the date the claim form is received at RD. RD reserves the right to give away unclaimed prize to the next eligible winner or to a recognized Canadian charitable organization.
- RD is not responsible for lost, late, invalid, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the sole property of RD and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, RD, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux, reserves the right to cancel the prize draw and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. ‘Authorized Account Holder’ is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internal access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- RD reserves the right to refuse submissions deemed inappropriate or offensive in any way.
- Participation in the prize draw and acceptance of prize constitute the winner’s permission for RD to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information, and film and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the prize draw (if applicable) without notice or additional compensation. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless RD, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this prize draw in any way shall be disqualified.
- Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited. RD is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the prize draw, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this prize draw or downloading or uploading any materials in this prize draw. RD, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this prize draw should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw. In such case, RD will select the winner from all eligible entries received. RD reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the prize draw or website. RD may prohibit an entrant from participating in the prize draw or winning a prize if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or RD employees.
- Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This sweepstakes complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Quebec residents may submit any litigation respecting the conduct or organizing of a publicity contest to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Information concerning this sweepstakes will be available online at rd.ca. Or you can write to: ‘Driver’s Seat Sweepstakes’ at The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC, c/o Prize Award Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montréal, Québec H3B 5H5. This prize draw is owned, operated and administered by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC.